Christmas FM is back for winter 2012, and with it, the Christmas FM Song Contest – it’s like the Eurovision only with snow and sleigh bells! Entries open on November 23rd, with bands from Ireland being asked to submit their new festive classic. The winner will receive €500 worth of audio gear from Christmas FM’s kind sponsors X-Music and be play-listed on Christmas FM.
I’m delighted to be on the judging panel, alongside some esteemed names from Irish music, and look forward to ding-donging-merrily-on-high with them when choosing a winner.
Head over to http://www.christmasfm.ie/ for more info and to start the countdown to Christmas 2012!
- Aidan Cuffe (Goldenplec.com)
- Una Mullally (Irish Times / Journalist)
- Rick O’Shea (RTE 2FM presenter)
- Stuart Clarke (Hotpress)
- Niall Byrne (Nialler9 / Day & Night mag)
- Ronan Hunt-Murphy (Swear I’m Not Paul Music Blog)
- John Balfe (Editor Entertainment.ie)
- Claire Beck (Phantom 105.2 presenter)
- John Barker (98FM Totally Irish)
- Lisa McInerney (Co-editor Ramp.ie / Columnist)
- Kelly O’Brien (State.ie)
- Dee Woods (Radio Nova presenter)
2010 Winner ‘Christmas Time’ by Snow Business
2009 Winner ‘This Christmas’ by Funzo